Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Children's novel about two boys camping on an island for the summer?

I read this book when I was a kid and now I can%26#039;t remember the title. It was about two boys who go to an island close to their house to spend the summer. They borrow a tent from one of their uncles that looks like a gingerbread house. On the island they discover that there are a couple of girls also staying on the island in the company of an adult woman (can%26#039;t remember her relation to the girls). The boys and the girls start a summer war. The boys then find an ally in the form of a middle aged man who lives on the island in a treehouse where he is writing a novel.


I can remember just about everything about this book except for the title. Can anyone help me?
Children%26#039;s novel about two boys camping on an island for the summer?
sorry man.no luck
Children%26#039;s novel about two boys camping on an island for the summer?
This Island Isn%26#039;t Big Enough For the Four of Us by Gery Greer. I remember how funny it was when the boys -- Peter and Scott, I think -- saw the tent that they were supposed to be %26#039;testing%26#039; for the uncle :)
Reply:I agree with the person who said %26quot;This Island Isn%26#039;t Big Enough For the Four of Us%26quot;. I loved that book when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment